How To Go To Pokémon Go: The New App That Is Sweeping The Nation
Pokemon Go is the new application that is sweeping the entire country. It’s a gaming app that sticks to the original Pokémon concept of catching them all and defeating the gym leaders. But this app literally makes people jump out of their seats with excitement.
Pokemon Go uses Google Maps to place Pokemon around the world. Players use a tracking system to locate Pokémon within a 30-meter radius. Once the player finds the Pokémon, they use their smartphone camera to aim and throw a Pokeball at the Pokémon to capture it.
An estimated 9.5 million people are joining to become the next Pokémon master. The app has groups of friends searching their towns and cities to catch them all. Sounds fun right? So here are five basic tips to get you started, so you and your friends can join in on the action.
1. The monitoring system
- The tracking system is in the lower right corner of your phone and shows you which Pokémon are within 30 meters of your location via Google Maps.
- Do you notice how your person emits a constant circle almost as if you were using radar or echolocation? This circle extends up to 10 meters so that you can identify Pokémon with greater precision.
- Activate the tracking system now. Do you realize that there are footprints of each Pokémon? Each footprint represents 10 meters. So if the Pokémon has three footprints, then they are 30 meters apart. If the Pokémon has a footprint, then it is only 10 meters away from you and you must go and catch it.
2. Pokemon Candy and Stardust
- Pokémon evolve once you get the correct amount of candy shown in their overview.
- Stardust is used to increase the combat level (CP) of your Pokémon.
- It is recommended to wait to use them on a high CP Pokémon so that when they evolve they have as much CP as possible.
3. Where to find Pokémon
- Many Pokémon are concentrated in popular places around you, such as downtown or famous places.
- If you want to find a certain type of Pokémon, look for them in their natural environment. You’ll find Water Pokémon in water fountains, Ghost Pokémon at night, and Grass Pokémon in fields and forests.
- Some Pokémon can only be caught by walking a certain number of kilometers to hatch them from eggs or by evolving them.
4. Important elements.
- Pokéballs are naturally the most important item you need to catch Pokémon. Make sure to regularly stop by Pokestops to flip the icon with the swipe of your finger for more.
- Items like incense and lures will attract wild Pokémon to you, but use them sparingly as there aren’t many.
- Be sure to ditch any items to make room for more, as your backpack can only hold a certain amount.
5. Challenging gyms
- You can challenge the gyms once you reach level five.
- Attack the other Pokémon by touching them quickly.
- You can dodge by sliding your finger to the right or left.
- Use a special attack by pressing and holding your finger on the other Pokémon.
Pokemon Go is still a new app and not everyone has figured out all the secrets yet. Gather your friends, download the app, find the secrets, and become the next Pokémon master! Good luck!