Tours Travel

Minnesota Claims Adjuster Licenses: 3 Steps to Becoming a MN Licensed Insurance Adjuster

Minnesota residents interested in becoming insurance claims adjusters will first need to obtain a Minnesota adjuster license. Nonresidents interested in Minnesota labor claims may also be required to obtain this license before obtaining an assignment. This is a state that typically generates a large number of residential, commercial, and auto line claims due to wind, hail, and ice. Cat adjusters are well taken care of by having this license. Follow these 3 steps to obtain and maintain your Minnesota claims adjuster license:

Step 1) Comply with the licensing requirements

Minnesota residents must be 18 years of age. No experience, sponsorship or bond is required. Residents must take and pass the Minnesota Adjuster Exam. The most comprehensive Minnesota appraiser license, Fire, Allied Lines and Casualty Adjuster, can only be obtained by taking the Fire, Allied Lines and Casualty exam administered by Promissor. State exams can be difficult, but there are exam study packages available that greatly increase the pass rate among evaluators.

Reciprocity: Non-residents who are licensed in their home state can reciprocally obtain the Minnesota license. Non-residents who do not possess or cannot obtain a license in their state of residence must pass the Minnesota Adjuster Exam given by Promissor. Once again, the exam study packages go a long way in ensuring that you pass the exam the first time.

Step 2) Obtain the adjuster’s license

To become a Minnesota Licensed Claims Adjuster, you will need to complete and submit the Minnesota Adjuster Application Online through Sircon and pay the $ 50 license fee. The license exam administrator must submit certification that The Promissor exam was passed electronically. Instead of passing Minnesota adjuster exam results, the applicant must fax documentation of approved results for an equivalent adjuster exam conducted in another state for their application to be processed.

Step 3) Keep the license

Minnesota licensed claims adjusters must renew their license every two years. The initial continuing education requirement is 15 hours during the first two years. Thereafter, 30 hours are required to maintain compliance for each two-year reporting period.

Summary: Minnesotans planning to adapt in Minnesota must first obtain a Minnesota appraiser’s license. The Fire, Allied Lines, and Casualty Adjuster license is the most comprehensive license in this state and requires an examination through Promissor. Exam study packages can provide useful preparation aid and dramatically increase exam success rates. This busy state claims license can also offer an attractive license for nonresident independent appraisers. For additional licensing information, see the complete online guide to becoming a Minnesota licensed claims adjuster.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *